Friday 17 October 2014

Baby Brooke is one month old!

Wow I cannot believe that I am already doing Brooke's one month update. Even crazier is that Bennett's next update is his ONE YEAR! {Cue sobbing here} Time seriously flies when you are having fun.

Brooke is such a sweet baby. She is already showing a little personality and Bennett has started to really enjoy having her around. Even this morning I caught him squishing his face up against hers and smiling. She is very good at sighing/grunting and knows how to burp...well. It makes me laugh because she always looks so sweet and innocent {and is usually in something pink}, then lets out a huge burp. Also, because she can't smile yet, her grunting and sighing always makes her seem really put out by the world. It's hilarious.


I already love her so much and really can't imagine our family without her. Considering we did not plan to have her, I still can't believe how perfect it feels now she is here!

Weight: 8.4 lbs

Routine: She is still in that newborn routine where she sleeps alot and really only wakes to feed. Her sleeping is good but she is alot more alert then Bennett was at night. I still can usually get her right back to bed after milk but sometimes that requires some extra cuddle time :) I am hoping she will start sleeping through the night early like Bennett did around 10 weeks.

Eating: She is CRAZY for milk. This little piglet not only loves milk but gulps it back every time she drinks it as if she hasn't eaten in days. She actually gulps so fast that she chokes every feed. It was worrying at first but lets face it, it's not like she is going to choke to death on liquid. So I just sit her upright and wait for it to make it's way down. The plus side is that her feeds are done so quickly {which is nice at night!}.

Milestones: Obviously there aren't many of these at 4 weeks old but she is definitely getting more alert about the world around her. I am hoping she will crack a smile soon, I can't wait for it to light up her lovely little face!




This picture cracks me up! She looks like a cross eyed alien baby :)
     

No comments :

Post a Comment