Thursday 20 November 2014

Miss Brooke is 2 months old!

Our little Brooke is two months old. For some reason this last month seems to have been slow. Which is a good thing really...I don't want to lose this newborn stage too quickly!

Month two was a good month. It's been super busy which is partly why I have slightly neglected to blog. After Bennett's birthday it was Halloween of course! We decided to dress up Bennett and took him around the street with my family. It was really just an excuse to see how my neighbors decided to decorate/furnish their homes though! Me and Carly made sure to peek into every house while Bennett was getting his chocolate haha.

             


The Monday after Halloween was mine and Carly's 28th birthday! Carly took off the day and we went shopping with the blobs. We face timed with my family and then met the boys {Ryan, Nate and Scott} for dinner out. It was a lovely day as per usual and we enjoyed our little shopping buddy's.

The weekend after that we took a trip to Kelowna/Revelstoke with Ryan's dad to go and visit family. It was a great weekend but in the midst of it all I found out that the loveliest man in the world {my Grandad Bill} had passed away :( :( :( I am so sad to even have to type that, he suffered from Alzheimers but still had the most amazing demeanor. He met Bennett last year in England and I had so hoped that he could meet Brooke. I am happy now though that his mind is free of the jail that held him captive for so many of his later years. Me and Carly are taking Bennett and Brooke back to England next week for his funeral. It will be a sad event but I am so happy to sneak in an extra week with my family before Christmas. It will be the first time my Dad and little sisters get to see Brooke too! So that will lighten the occasion.

The last note {which is just a chance for me to complain} is that we came home from our trip unwell. I have been battling a bad head cold/ sore throat for eight days now. I also lost my voice {which I am sure some people would say isn't the worst thing in the world haha} and have passed on the sickness to Bennett and now Ryan. I am just HOPING that Brooke also doesn't pick it up. Needless to say, we have been quite the sad bunch. Thank god for Tylenol Cold and Carly {who has been taking the babies to let me rest}.

So anyways, this has turned into more on a general update but I suppose I should get back to little Brooke!

Weight: 11.2 lbs

Routine: Well last night was hopefully the start of a new routine! Brooke fell asleep at around 9:00 pm and slept right though until 6:30 AM!! It was glorious! I fed her then and put her back to bed until 9:00 AM when Bennett woke up. I swear I was tired from getting too much sleep haha. I wasn't used to it! This is around the time when Bennett started sleeping through the night so let's hope this little girl is just like her brother.

Eating: My little piglet loves her formula! She guzzles it down and has increased the amount she intakes during a feed {which might explain the reason she is sleeping so well at night}.

Milestones: Her strength in general is getting better although she is not such a fan of tummy time. Also, she cracked her first smile this month, which she didn't want to do for any of her pictures but trust me, it is SO CUTE!!!!

Here are some quick shots of Brooke at two months. She is looking SO much like a girl version of Bennett....right down to the adorable chubby cheeks :)


 

Brooke's famous pout. I kid you not, she did this the second she was born. Instead of crying, she just whipped out a fat lower lip and made all of us laugh. She is already such a princess ;)




No comments :

Post a Comment