Monday 20 April 2015

Bennett's first time swimming in the big pool!

This weekend we decided to take Bennett to Southland Leisure Center for a swim {his first one in a real pool!}. We recently bought him this adorable George Pig swimming suit in England and I was so excited to see him in it. I decided to look after Brooke in the viewing area as I don't have a swimming suit yet {she does and it's Peppa Pig of course!}.

When we got there Bennett and Ryan headed back to the change area and I found a spot to sit. It is in the pool area so is SO HOT if you aren't in swim wear. Brooke immediately went purple haha.

When Bennett came out, I expected him to go crazy and start splashing around. Instead, he instantly burst out in tears. Like tantrum, frantic, get me out of here tears. Ryan had to pass over my soaking wet baby to have a cuddle because he was so upset! After a solo swim, Ryan came back and got Bennett. They then walked around the perimeter of the pool for about an hour haha. It was cute and Ryan's persistence actually paid off because Bennett gained confidence and went into the pool! He loved it and was even brave enough to go down the slide!

We decided we will try and take the babes every other weekend over the summer. Also, I will bring Brooke into the baby pool next time to make sure she get's used to water. It was so much fun! xxx



                 


No comments :

Post a Comment