Tuesday 8 December 2015

Plates and such

I am English {as most of you know}, so I feel as if it was beyond my control when it came to starting a tea set. It was a need that was instinctive and necessary, I couldn't fight it!!! It also may have been SLIGHTLY influenced by the fact that my twin sister has one.....buy only slightly ;)

So this year for my birthday I was lucky enough to get the start of a set. Unlike most, I thought it would be cool to have a more eclectic set of different prints and was super happy when that's exactly what I got!

My friend Anna got me a tea cup and saucer from the Rose Confetti collection and Ryan got me a set of mugs {which are all different prints} from the 100 years of RA collection. With some birthday money, I also got a tea pot set from the Vintage Polka collection. I can already imagine all the different afternoon teas I will have with this set!

 Anyways, now you know the much needed history behind the origins of my set, I wanted to bring you to my next topic....how to display it. I know that it could have comfortably sat behind a cupboard door but where is the fun in that people?! So I set out on a quest to find a display case. I actually found a really nice one at Ikea but Ryan quickly decided to vito that choice when he found out it was $500 {an investment really!}.

So after much deliberation we settled on this thing......


Isn't it uggo?!?!?! I wanted something that was sort of an open display rack and this was the closest I could find. Of course I couldn't leave it like this! So Ryan eased the edges and reshaped them into a much prettier shape, then I painted it. Here is the end result......


Isn't is cute?! I LOVE it! It works quite well in the kitchen and cost us less then $100. OF COURSE I had to go and order some more Royal Albert with the extra savings, it only seemed logical! xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment