Wednesday 20 February 2013

Getting ready

One of my New Years resolutions was to get ready every day first thing in the morning. Simple right? Not really. How my day typically works is that I wake up just before the first baby is dropped off any my house for dayhome {when I say just, I mean about two minutes before....I don't like to waste valuable sleep time!}. This of course means I answer the door looking like I just got out of bed. Pajamas, really messy hair, no makeup....you get the picture. My hope is to have a shower later in the morning but after all the drop offs, breakfast and cleaning up after breakfast, I tend to put it off until nap time. This means that if we go out, I am sporting the ever so impressive 'au natural' look.
Now I am not one who always has to look made up but what bothers me is when I run into people I know looking like a train wreck. The sad thing is that it usually is someone that hasn't seen more for like a dozen years and of course looks perfect. To be polite they say how good I look and I know they are completely lying. I try and brush it off by saying "oh I just ran out of the house today" {which I did but they probably don't believe that}. I'm usually kicking myself thinking why didn't I put on that lovely new guess top I just bought? Then I start to worry that if I don't see them again for another dozen years this current image of me will be what pops into their head whenever they think of me. Then I make a note in my mind of the time and the place and go back there every week all made up, trying to bump into them. Well ok I am lying about the last bit but you get the picture.
So I am writing this to remind myself that I have to find a good balance between these two Amy's:


Also this is a warning that if you see the back of my head disappearing behind a stand of soup cans at the grocery store, ignore me. That is obviously a day I decided not to follow my resolution ;) xxx


No comments :

Post a Comment