Sunday 21 July 2013

23 Weeks

In the nature of blogging, I will share this weeks baby news {I can't just share the good stuff!}. Before I begin though, I knew this pregnancy wasn't going to be easy. So the news I received this week is not shocking, just slightly worrying.

I had a cerclage put in at 13 weeks pregnant, which I am so happy that I did! This week my cervix dilated but luckily stopped at the cerclage {I am SO GLAD I decided to do it as the doctor made me make the choice}. If it had not been in, I would have gone into early labour just like last time with baby Ada. I went to go see my OBGYN on Tuesday and she is concerned the cerclage wont hold up for much longer as it is now fully supporting the baby. She thinks I will be delivering this baby early but the goal is to get him to 28 weeks. When she said that, I was thinking 28 weeks?!? That is so early! Apparently though, that is when he has 100% chance of survival. He will just be very small :) I hate the idea of him having to spend weeks upon weeks in the hospital but as long as he is safe and in able to get strong.

So I am now 23 weeks 2 days and the first goal she set for me is 24 weeks. 24 weeks is the first chance that a baby has of surviving outside of the womb but its only 50%. At least if I go into labour at 24 weeks, they will do everything they can to deliver him and make him strong.  Second goal is 28 weeks, which as I said before gives him a 100% chance of survival. MY GOAL, however, is to defy what the doc expects and get him to past 30 weeks :) I am already taking is SUPER easy as per her instructions....I'm not even allowed to pick up my cats. It's unnatural!!! If you know me.....you know i'm usually toting around one cat or another ;) The other advice I have received is to remain positive and be proud of how far this little baby and I have gotten. Almost 6 months pregnant so far!

So 24 weeks is good, 28 weeks is better and 30+ weeks is great!

The other annoying thing that happened this week was regarding the tummy cream I ordered. I researched and found a very well reviewed cream/oil combo that helps prevents stretch marks. It is English but since I am a PRO online shopper now, I found a Canadian website that sell it. I got the notice it was in after two weeks of waiting, went to the post office to pick it up and the parcel was SOAKED in oil. They didn't pack it properly and the oil bottle broke during shipping :( Anyways, I have taken pictures and will be calling them tomorrow. Hopefully they can get me another bottle sooner then two weeks!


Wah :(


Excited to start using this though! 

On the other hand, I did receive some custom made Peter Rabbit pillows for baby bumps nursery that I ordered off Etsy. I ordered them Saturday and they were here by Tuesday! They are absolutely ADORABLE and some of the proceeds from the sellers shop goes to stray cats! How perfect :)


So that sums up my pregnancy tales this week. Now is just keeping it easy and waiting to my next appointment. They are scanning me next Monday and then I see my OBGYN on Tuesday to see what our best course of action is. She is planning to give my steroids a week before she predicts delivery to help with the baby's lung development {which at this point is planned for 27 weeks}. Will keep you all updated though! xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment