Thursday 3 July 2014

My sisters little twins

Hi all,

sorry about the extended absence...I have so much to blog about but so little time to do it in! I start tonight's blog with the sad news of my sister losing her twins. She was almost 24 weeks pregnant but went into early labor. Unfortunately the labor could not be stopped and she gave birth to Clara and Eliza Linn on June 24, 2014. They were small but alive and immediately moved to the NICU to be taken care of. Although everything looked good the first night {and they were very responsive to touch and sound}, it was discovered the next day that they both had suffered stage four brain bleed. Carly and her husband had to make the heart breaking decision to take the girls off their support as it meant they would never lead a normal life again {if any at all}. Luckily my sister asked the team to hold off until I had a chance to meet the girls. They were wonderful! It was hard to believe that there was anything wrong with them at all but we were assured by the medical team that what was happening with them was impossible to see with the naked eye.

I am so glad I got to meet them both and feel their little hands holding tightly onto the tip of my finger. They were such little sweethearts!

It's hard to understand why things happen the way they do. It seemed meant to be, my twin having identical twins! Due just weeks after our new baby girl. Things have a way of revealing themselves over time though. I still wonder how life would have been if we had not lost our first baby, Ada. I wouldn't have my sweet little blob Bennett as his pregnancy overlapped when I should have been pregnant with Ada. Bennett brings so much happiness into everyone's life's and to think that we could have never even known him is mind baffling! I just hope time heals their broken hearts and things start to become more clear.

In the meantime, my Mum decided to surprise Carly and come from England for a week. We thought this was the perfect medicine and it just so happened Carly and her husband were off for the week anyways! My Mum's surprise was a complete success and Carly was SHOCKED to say the least when she came to her front door and discovered Mum there!!!!!!! I LOVE surprises of that magnitude. Since she has arrived, we have had a lovely and fun week. Exactly what the doctor ordered :)

I hope to update you about my Mum's visit next week and I still have a few pictures from Bennett's 8 mth milestone and Ryan's first Fathers day. So speak to you soon! xxx

No comments :

Post a Comment