Monday 16 March 2015

Brooke is half a year old!!!!

My precious little babe is 6 months old! Yay for half a year!!

To celebrate we went out for pizza {any excuse to eat at Double Zero} and then got home and gave the babes a bath. Exciting, I know! She turned 6 months on Friday the 13th which was kind of cool as well.

Brooke is doing amazing, she is such a sweet, sparkly little girl. She loves her two dolls and Bennett. That is pretty much what entertains her most of the day. It's amazing to see how much she tries to get Bennett's attention. Usually she achieves it by doing this little fake cough. Then, if he even so much as glances in her direction when hearing it, she flashes him the BIGGEST smile and laughs. ADORABLE!

This is her doing her fake cough haha
She is now big enough to go in her exersaucer which gives me more hands free time. Bennett will stand beside it and kind of play with it too. So they get some good interaction there. Her hair started to "sprout" this month and it looks a little darker than Bennett's! I am curious to know if she is going to have curls like him too.

Anyways, here are her stats!

Weight: 17.1 lbs. She is officially a little smaller than Bennett was at this age! So far she has been ahead of him {at the same age} every month since birth. This is still what we refer to as the "meatball" stage. Both Bennett and Brooke shot up on the weight scale at this age and lagged behind on the height scale. Like I am talking in the 90th for weight and below 20th for height. Actually Bennett was like 1% for height haha. My short chubby little meatballs!

Routine: She sleeps in her crib through the night, most nights. Occasionally I will still pull her into our bed if she gets restless in her sleep. Her crib is in our bedroom but it will be moved into the nursery with Bennett when I know she wont disturb him.

Eating: I am behind with starting the solids. That will happen maybe during our trip to England. In the meantime she is on her stage 2 formula still about 5-6 times a day.

Sizes: 6-9 month clothing!

Milestones: Have I ever mentioned my children are in no hurry to meet milestones? Well this month proved no different haha. Brooke can roll but usually chooses not to. She is also getting a stronger back too, so we can see her becoming more confident at sitting up with help. Brooke and Bennett are very similar in ways but different in others. He was so strong at this age and made alot more noise. She is definitely a more gentle girl compared to her brother :)

Here are her six month shots! Happy half a year my little girl!

                      





and the comparison between these two........



1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad I've found this blog lol. It's so so adorable.
    It's Nicola c BTW xx

    ReplyDelete