Wednesday 9 October 2013

House Update

With our possession date drawing closer, I thought I would do a little update on the house! :) We have been really lucky with the time frame but I still feel like it has been foreeeeever! I guess an impatient person is not the best candidate to build a house ;) We purchased the house late May {I think} and bought what was supposed to be the "spec home". Basically it meant that it was due to be built regardless but with generic interior selections. We caught it just in time that we were able to get all of our own selections but with the shorter 5 month completion date. I feel bad for the peeps that purchased the weekend after us since we {Me & Ryan/ Carly & Nate} got the last two houses in Phase 1. They got Phase 2 and paid almost $30,000 more, with a smaller garden and a 10 month projected build. I suppose they will never know the difference but its good to know we have some instant equity! Plus I think 10 months of waiting would have killed me.

So now we are set to do our final walk through on Nov 7th and as long as everything is good, we take the keys Nov 14th. In the meantime the current rental house we have has not sold so it looks like we will have a smooth transition between the two. Plus the baby will arrive between now and then, so I am sure that this last month will just fly by.

Anyways, here are a few pictures of the house in progress. It's cool that they are starting to do the finishing work so we can see all of our selections come together. It's just not the same when you see them in little samples. I love our twin houses! xxx

 
 


 






No comments :

Post a Comment