Saturday 16 August 2014

Our new {to us} dresser!

I decided recently that now baby # 2 is close, I need to get a better system started for clothes. I am using the closet in the nursery {which they will be sharing soon} currently for Bennett's clothes and all the clothes that are ready for baby girl are in the spare bedroom. It's OK but you go through clothes so quickly with a baby that I find closets are useless. Plus you can't hang little vests and stuff like that with ease.

So we decided to get a dresser for them to share. I like the idea of having designated drawers for everything and its so much easier to just grab something from them. Plus after I have folded the laundry, I can just shove them in the drawers instead of finding a hanger and trying to get them in order on the rack.

So here is the dresser we picked up off Kijiji. It's an old antique wood dresser that is tall and thin {perfect for little rooms}. I loved it immediately but was not so keen on the colour, so Ryan agreed to give it a spruce up with fresh paint and new hardware!

Here is the before...


Here is the after....



I am in LOVE with it and now want one for my own bedroom! It is so vintage and even has skeleton key locks that lock every single draw. Eventually when the babies split bedrooms, this will probably go with baby girl. I can imagine her keeping her pretty key in her jewelry box. Good job Ryan/Daddy! xxx




No comments :

Post a Comment