Friday 15 May 2015

London town!

Ok well actually we were in Orpington and Kretingham town.....so this is my post on our ENGLAND TRIP!

We decided to take the blobs to spend Easter in England with my family this year. It's something we plan to do every  year with the babies and I know it will be something they  look forward to! England has so much to offer in regards to culture and I love seeing my family and extended family as well. It's so refreshing to go somewhere so different from where you live and appreciate what the world has to offer.

So lets start with the flight to England. Horrible, disastrous, felt like an eternity....we enjoyed it basically haha. This was Bennett's third trip to England and fourth on a plane and he has always done amazing! Ryan had never taken the long haul flight with him and I assured him our children are pros. Well wrong was an understatement, I think my children were the worst behaved on the entire flight. Bennett just couldn't go to sleep even though we were flying overnight. Once he finally did fall asleep, he was squished and uncomfortable. Then a noisy flight attendant woke him up and the confusion sent him into tantrum mode. I actually had to just place him in the aisle at one point and let him flail around there until he finally calmed down. This wasn't the end of the torture though we had spilled drinks, scalded babies, poo explosions {over Mummy and baby} and food on the floor. Needless to say we were happy to land :)



Once in England we spent one night at my parent's house and headed away for a week in the country side. We stayed in a 500+ year old cottage called The Potash. It was AMAZING! You really appreciate things like that when living in such an infant country in comparison. Ryan never wanted to leave! We spent the week visiting the coast, the pub, the shops, the local famous castle and having family dinner every night. It was wonderful! We also all took turns picking up Bennett's cold that he got during the flight but we all got better :)






   

              



 














We spent Easter back in Orpington {Brooke's first} and spent time seeing family. We also managed to get in more shopping, eating and even went to the fun fair one afternoon!

                        



 
The flight back was about 1000x times better. It was a day flight and we were lucky enough to get an extra seat beside Ryan for Bennett. He napped, watched movies and walked around the plane without even a single tantrum. Brooke and I were separated and only had one seat to ourselves {the man behind us with the empty seat refused to switch me seats EVEN THOUGH it was his wife sitting beside me}. So although our flight was squishy it was uneventful. Brooke only cried once when the milk was taking too long to heat up.

So that is the brief summary of our trip. WE LOVED IT and cannot wait to go back again next spring. In the meantime my little sissy's are coming here for the entire summer and then again with my Mum and Dad at Christmas. So we have alot to look forward to! xxx

My parent's street :)






No comments :

Post a Comment