Saturday 31 January 2015

A little bit of Bennett

I feel like Bennett needs to make a small appearance on this blog. I miss doing his monthly updates so thought I would jot down some things about his life lately.

He has a MOP of curly hair. Like seriously, its an afro every morning and a tight head of ringlets after bath every night. It seemed to grow furiously after his first birthday only three months ago. I love it dearly and was hoping not to have to cut it but I think this weekend may be the weekend to book him in. It's at that unruly stage.

This child is accident prone. Being a boy, he seems to get into everything. I turn my back for one second and he is standing on the coffee table or sitting in a cupboard. I swear he gives me a heart attack on the daily. Just last night, he was playing a game of giving me this toy cat and then taking it away {which he found ridiculously funny}. During the "take away" part, he got abit wobbly walking away and literally fell flat on his face, making his nose bleed. Even though Brooke is alot younger, I can already see how much more delicate she is in general. I suppose its just another thing to love about baby boys.

He is a really good independent play time. This may of been a little forced by getting a sister at only 10.5 months but he is content to sit quietly in his toy corner and play by himself. It works wonders when I am occupied with Brooke and it's nice to see him enjoy his toys so much. He also loves books. He will bring them up to me all the time so I can read to him. I sometimes even put him to bed with a book which he will lay with and look at until he falls asleep. It's adorable!

Peppa pig is still on in our house daily. The child just LOVES this show. He also is good at watching a movie or other shows but NOTHING captures his attention like Peppa. I hope it lasts as long as possible because it is a great thing for me when I have to do something pressing. I honestly know that if its on, he will not move from the spot he is sitting.

His words are currently limited to "Da-da" and "Na-na". I feel like he can say other words but chooses not to. I constantly get other parents telling me how many things their baby can say and asking me how many mine can. I am like "two and one I don't even think is a word". Then they awkwardly but politely tell me how boys are slower to talk anyways HAHA. We joke that he is actually unlearning how to talk because I swear he said more words on cue before he was 1 then after.

Bennett is still a sleeper! This kid is so good at napping when I put him down. It makes it easier knowing that I have a few free hours in the day if I can simultaneously get these blobs to nap {which is happening right now! Hence the blog post}.

In my eyes, this child is perfect. I am still obsessed with my beautiful, bright eyed, round faced, gap tooth, smiley little boy. How could I not be?! xxx

Yes that is food on his mouth, you win some you lose some ;)




No comments :

Post a Comment